Eliminate drive away during offload cycle. Indefinitely.
The Safe-T-Cap system is designed to audibly & visually notify drivers that the truck is still connected to the offload hose, and to eliminate unconditioned pressure releases from happening. For more protection we also offer the Dixon Air Brake system, which is an optional brake lock system that prevents the truck from driving if the hose is still connected. With flexible offerings, Comtech will provide the best option for your truck in order to prevent drive aways from happening & to keep truck drivers safe.
The Safe-T-Cap provides the dual benefits of personal safety and incident elimination. The notched camlock cap is modified with design capabilities to eliminate unconditioned pressure releases from happening.
The Safe-T-Cap system utilizes a proximity sensor designed into the cap that indicates when the 4″ port is secured or not. LED lights and a buzzer alarm located in the cab will notify the driver that the port is not capped and the hose is still connected to the truck.
Watch a short video on how the Safe-T-Cap system alerts the driver.
The Dixon Air Brake System
The Dixon Air Brake system uses a different method to prevent drive aways. When the hose is still connected to the truck, the hose coupler depresses a plunger button which releases air from the truck’s brake system setting the brakes so the truck can’t move. Once the cap is secured and the hose is disconnected, the brakes will release & allow the truck to move again.
- an optional switch can be installed to provide the driver with a visual indication that the hose is connected
- the light and alarm can be installed in the cab, or mounted directly on the truck
- Notched Camlock Cap: eliminates unconditioned pressure release
- Full Safe-T-Cap System: dual purpose system installed with proximity sensor, lights and alarms to notify the driver when the hose is still attached while eliminating unconditioned pressure release
- Cap with Dixon Air Brake: utilizes the air brake system to prevent the truck from moving if it is still connected to the hose
- Full Safe-T-Cap system & Dixon Air Brake functionality